Sunday, November 21, 2010

yummy yummy in my tummy!

Hello everyone! Sorry it has been a while since my last post, I've been trying to get good night sleeps, which means my blogging hours get cut short :) After a late night Thursday when I saw the Harry Potter 7 (part 1) I was pretty wiped Friday. With my AmeriCorps team, we served at Food Lifeline on Friday repackaging food. It was pretty wonderful to be part of something that enabled organizations and indivduals the opportunity to have good food for their clients and themselves. Over the three hours we were there we repackaged four thousand sixty pounds of potatoes! Needless to say, when we were done repackaging them, all of us were craving some sort of potato product :)

Being potato inspired, Friday night, a friend of mine from my AmeriCorps program, Lina, and I decided to make potato soup! It was yum yumm yummy!! It was so much fun to make, and I just had a great time with Lina as well :)
Lina found the recipe online and we combined ingredients from both of our kitchens to make this delicious soup. It was pretty simple to make, but maybe I should let Lina comment on this, since did most of the making :) I've had the soup for lunch Saturday and Sunday and it is just as good. I'll definitely have to make it again. Click here for the recipe!
So if you're in the mood for something warm on a cold winter's day, check out this recipe and enjoy! We sorta ad-libbed and added some tomatoes and little bit different portions of the vegetables. We also kept it vegetarian so we used a vegetable broth and no ham. One more substitution (maybe the most important)--the recipe called for russet potatoes but we used yukon gold and klondike rose ones instead!  It sure was good :)
Do you have a favorite soup recipe that you want to share with me? If you try this one, let me know what you think!!

--Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment