Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday Thanksgiving Style!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! I hope that you all get to be with people you love and a plate full of great food today!

This Thankful Thursday blog is going to look a bit different than the past ones. Instead of choosing one thing to highlight, I'm going to choose a few :)

In general, I love holidays. I just love celebrating, so having a reason to celebrate makes me smile all over. Thanksgiving, however, is even more special to me! I love how the very nature of Thanksgiving calls on us to reflect on all that we have been given and all that we have to be thankful for. And what a good and challenging opportunity to share this with others!
One of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions is going around the table and sharing one thing that each person is thankful for! It is a pretty powerful and humbling experience.

This year, I will share with you all  my brief and probably incomplete list of all that I am thankful for. (Some of these you will be able to guess from past Thankful Thursday posts, and some of these will likely be expanded upon in upcoming Thankful Thursday posts, so enjoy the taster!)

I am so very thankful for...
... my brothers and their sweet love
... my wonderful and unique family
... my dad's health
... good music that speaks to my soul
... my incredible friends and how they love me
... my past and present relationship with my grandparents
... everything bagels with cream cheese
... my mom and all she has given up for me
... God's incredible provision, demonstrated in a myriad of ways
... fires in the fireplace
... my loving boyfriend and his faithful patience and love
... my complete experience in Seattle and all the people and experiences that contribute to this
... all the wonderful children in my life--including Rafe and Ellie, Kenia and Jose, and all the kiddos I have worked with
... how Jesus loves me and what He has done to set me free
... good conversations
... lattes
... all the families that have adopted me into their own and made feel completely welcome

I could go on and on and on and on, however, I think that to summarize most of these points in the very best way is to say... I am thankful for LOVE!

Thank you for reading my humble little blog-- indeed I am thankful for this too!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment