Sunday, November 14, 2010

weekend highlights

This weekend, I headed back "home." Seems like these days home is a relative term--more than ever I understand the phrase, "home is where the heart is." I totally identify with this--home is where my heart is. My heart just seems to be in multiple locations--with my family in the Portland/Vancouver area, with my love in New York, with all the relationships I have in Gettysburg, with dear friends in Baltimore, Missouri, Virginia, California, and all those other places I am missing. My heart is spread out all over, and thus, so is my home. So, when I am referencing going home for this past weekend, I simply mean the home where I grew up, the home where my wonderful mom and cousins, grandma and daddio, brothers and stepmom live and create a space for me to always call home.

I had a wonderful time and so enjoyed getting to spend some time with those I love!

Here are some highlights!

Cooking Thanksgiving dinner with my mom, all Friday and celebrating Thanksgiving with my mom and cousins, Allison and Richard and their children Rafe and Ellie. (read more here!)
sweet Ellie and I hanging out before dinner
Having a lovely fire in the fireplace--and getting to tend to it!

Getting my haircut.
what do you think?
Playing cards with my mom! (No pictures, sorry!)

Spending the night at my grandma's with my three wonderful brothers :) I love my slumber parties with them! (I had them pose for these, so they aren't actually asleep, but they are really this cute!!)
Matt
Sean
Andy
I hope you had a great weekend! And now, onto the week! May it be a wonderful one!

--kate

No comments:

Post a Comment