Monday, November 8, 2010

on the way to Yakima!

Monday, my AmeriCorps team and 900 other Washington State AmeriCorps members headed to Yakima, WA (eastern WA) for the annual SERVES conference. Our next couple of days will be filled with trainings, information and team building time. I am excited for the change in pace and a week away from my site. I am also pumped for the opportunity to learn really practical and important information from the seminars. I'll keep you posted on all that as the week progresses!

For now, here are some beautiful shots of the drive to Yakima.

it's beginning to feel like winter.
driving through the Cascades. 
absolutely breathtaking.
rainbow.
This rainbow was incredible and seemed to follow us for a while. I love the symbolism in rainbows--these beautiful arcs of color remind me of God's promises and His love for me. Driving through such incredible nature, I was awed by the beauty that God has put into this world, and into each one of us.

I am excited for the seminars ahead--the ones I plan to take Tuesday include: Working with Students and Families in Poverty, StoryBuilding: Engaging Students in Literacy Learning through the Imagination, and English Language Learners: Supporting Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Learners. They all seem right up my ally, verdad?

Happy Tuesday! 

--Kate 

No comments:

Post a Comment