Tuesday, November 30, 2010

a wonderful week!


Hello everyone! I'm back on the west coast--I landed safe and sound into the SeaTac airport today greeted by the gray rain that I walked through as I made the trek from the airport to my AmeriCorps site for the second half of the work day.

I had a really, really wonderful week in New York, so I thought I'd share some more pictures and some anecdotes about my week!

First of all, I just love John's family. Our family lives are vastly different, and I have such a good time seeing a peak into his life and getting to have wonderful relationships with his family members. John loves his family so much and so enjoys spending time with them. This is especially true of his brother and sister, and I can understand why. Tim and Tess (and John too!) are so genuine and loving.  I had a great time getting to hang out with them this break.We played games, watched movies, and just enjoyed each others' company. I love them! And, I love Tess's addition to the family, Rufus, the wonderful bunny rabbit! 
hanging out with Tess's bunny Rufus
Tim, Tess and John down stairs 
Along with spending time with the family, John and I went into the city several times together. Whether it was for a commute to work, or meeting up with Beth, I just loved the time I got to spend with John on the train. Public transportation rocks and NY is just one great example of this!
train ride into the city :)
After Thanksgiving, it seemed like the city transformed overnight into a Christmas wonderland! Black Friday was filled with people and decorations and though Black Friday has come and gone, the decorations continue to shine and light up the streets with the holiday spirit!
the decorations and crowds in Macy's on Black Friday
Nutcrackers in Midtown
Beth and I loving the Christmas tree :)


I think my favorite part of being in New York were the people I got to spend time with. Between John and his family, Beth and her family, and meeting up with an old high school friend, it was just great to be with people I love! 
i love him.
 Seeing Beth was a blast!! I always have an incredible time with her and I am sooo very glad that it worked out that we got to see each other. Potentially the next time we will see each other is at another one of our best friend's wedding as bridesmaids! How crazy is that? (More details on that in a future post!)
i love her. 
While with Beth, the three of us got to see some of the most beautiful parts of NYC. John, Beth and I ate at Bryant Park by the ice skating rink, we visited the most perfect street in Manhattan (or so I'm told :) ), we enjoyed the crazy crowds and beautiful decorations, and we got to go to Beth's aunt's apartment and see the views from her roof top access! It was beyond breathtaking!
view from the rooftop!
posing in front of the empire state building at sunset :)
 It was an incredible week that has left my heart happy yet excited for the next time I am with all these wonderful people again! I have to say, New York is definitely one of the places I call home :)



No comments:

Post a Comment