Monday, November 29, 2010

reunited!

Being back in New York has been such a sweet, sweet gift :)



I'll share more pictures and stories with you when I return to Seattle and am able to download pictures from my camera, but for now, let me just say, it has been great!

Today is my last full day in New York and I am spending it in Union Square. I am currently in Barnes and Noble drinking some coffee and using some free wifi. John is hard a work a couple blocks uptown and we will meet up for lunch and then again after work :)

We've been all over the place this last week--
Wednesday: I spent the day in the city, visiting John's work and the like. Wednesday night both John's brother and sister had returned home and I got to spend some time just relaxing with them. We then all went rock climbing--John's new sport of choice. It was super challenging, but really fun! I loved it and was thoroughly impressed by others' rock climbing ability!
Thursday: Thanksgiving, was full of food and family. Most of John's dad's side of the family came over to John's house and we ate and ate and enjoyed each other's company. After the appropriate amount of digesting, we went to Harry Potter. We prepared for the movie by drawing scars on our foreheads and speaking only in British accents
Friday: John and I met up with Beth in the city! It was WONDERFUL! We met up for lunch and ate a yummy lunch while watching ice skaters. We then wandered around the city through the crazy mobs of black Friday shoppers. It was so great to see Beth and just get some time to hang out with her. It was an incredible day! John and I returned back to Dobbs Ferry where we went on a lovely dinner date :) The day couldn't really get much better than that!
Saturday: John's mom, Cindy, and I went to Sunnyside, the estate of Washington Irving. It was beautiful! We then went out to a really enjoyable family dinner filled with laughs.
Sunday: We drove out to the home of the CEO of commercial realestate firm that John works at. We spent some time talking, eating brunch, playing football outside, and watching it inside. It was lovely. When we returned we went to Mass at a local Catholic Church and then headed over to a close family friend's birthday celebration.
Today: I am writing my latest post in the Barnes and Noble in Union Square :)

It has been just incredible to be reunited with some of those I love most. I have felt so at home, and so comfortable being here. It really has been a breath of fresh air!








Until Seattle,

No comments:

Post a Comment