Friday, June 10, 2011

two months later...

Hi Friends!

It has been a long two months since I've last written. And a new blog picture to go with it... what do you think?
(It's off to the right if you have not idea what I'm talking about ---> )

Please forgive me for my absence and the lack of updates. These last couple of months were busy to say the least!

There have been ups and downs and lots of figuring-outs along the way. Do you ever have seasons of life like that? God sure uses them to bless us, but in the midst of it, it's hard to rest in that truth. My birthday began much of the craziness, and was followed by a couple baseball games, two trips back east, some bad food poisoning, a gardening project, a trip to Gettysburg, and a very special wedding weekend. Over the next couple of weeks I'll try to fill you in, (without boring you) to the direction my life has taken. It's been a whirlwind, but it most definitely has been exciting.

Let's start with age 23. I said goodbye to 22 on April 16th and hello to 23. I have to admit, I loveeee birthdays. Whether it is mine or others, celebrating never feels quite as good when it's celebrating a birthday. This year, I celebrated with family and friends. It is always good to be surrounded by those who love you, but I definitely noticed the absence of those miles and miles away :)
To celebrate, Anne Marie, Teryll and I went out for margaritas and dessert. These two wonderful ladies are two of my oldest friends, dating back to early elementary school. It was great to celebrate with them!

Anne Marie, Teryll and I celebrating
another birthday a couple years ago (Teryll's 21!)
This year we didn't get a group picture. But they did snap a shot of me with the honorary birthday sombrero and my sweet dessert :)


Have I peaked your interest as to what I've been up to?! Here are a few pictures of what's to come...

a baseball game...
gardening project...

end of After School Program...

a fun trip to Gettysburg...

a picture perfect wedding....
I can't wait to share all these joy filled moments and days with you.  To be honest, there were many days in between these happy days that I let stress, worry and heartache dominate, but God's goodness continued to shine through and His perfect timing was once again revealed.

It is so good to be reconnected through the blogworld :) Please let me know how you are doing, friends.

Expect more soon!

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment