Monday, June 27, 2011

favorite quote!

Hi friends!

Today, I was filling out end of the year paperwork for AmeriCorps (check out what I'm doing next here) and on our check list of items to submit to Pat, my AmeriCorps supervisor, was an item that said: your favorite quote. I love fun things like this, and I love quotes--probably because I just love words so much. Have you noticed I'm pretty wordy?! :) Anyways, it was fun to think about.

Here are a couple of my favorite quotes:

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the saying, "I'll try again tomorrow" --Mary Anne Radmacher

"When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now. In so far as I learn to love my earthly dearest at the expense of God and instead of God, I shall be moving towards the state in which I shall not love my earthly dearest at all. When first things are put first, second things are not suppressed but increased." C.S. Lewis


"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39


I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. MLK Jr.


Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. --Hellen Keller

An artist is not a special kind of person. Rather every person is a special kind of artist.
-Meister Eckhart



I'd love if you'd share some of your favorite quotes with me. Feel free to leave them in a comment, it'll make my day :)

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment