Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and in some way or another are celebrating your fathers today!

My dad on the beach with Gracie :)
This weekend I went to Anderson Island to spend the weekend with my brothers, dad and stepmom. It was a special time together. We met up just in time for the 7:30 ferry over to the island and enjoyed a relaxed evening with the boys showing me their secret fort in the woods that surround the cabin.



Saturday we went into Seattle for the day where we enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Seattle's well known Ivars. We left full of fish and chips and headed to the Pacific Science Center. The Pacific Science Center had a lot of really great exhibits, but my personal favorite was the Science of Fear!


We left the Pacific Science Center and headed back to the island where we enjoyed hamburgers for dinner, followed by watching the Pink Panther Strikes Again. We had a great time together. It sure is wonderful to be silly with my brothers :)

Today, was probably my favorite part of the weekend. After all the kids had woken up we started making all sorts of cards for my dad. It was really fun to see how industrious and committed my brothers could be. It was also fun to teach them about pop up cards and other fun card creations. They all created beautiful things which my dad so appreciated. It was also nice to just sit there around the dinner table and  create together, I love those quiet moments.



Carol created a delicious breakfast, and my dad came out of their room just in time to see the feast and the pile of cards.



After a delicious breakfast and some downtime at the cabin, we headed back to the ferry dock, where we parked our cars and enjoyed the low-tide. The boys found clams, crabs, sea anemones and lots of perfect skipping stones. It was a wonderful time.


I sure am going to miss my family when I move away from the Northwest. This weekend was perfect. I am so glad that I got to spend Father's Day with my daddio. It was a sweet time together, and I am so thankful for that.

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment