Thursday, June 16, 2011

endings...

Well, friends, as this week comes to a close, many other things in my life are also coming to a close. Some of these things are exciting, others are sad. I think with all endings, and good byes, there is always a sense of sadness. Coupled with this sadness is the excitement of the journey that's about to begin around the corner.  That's where I am right now, and I have to say, it's pretty bitter sweet.

Here are some of my endings...

My term of service with AmeriCorps is quickly coming to a close. I have less than a month left.
half of our team :)

working hard...

Can you guess who is in that Eager Beaver suit, bustin' a move?

painting at the White Center Food Bank
I said goodbye to the After School Program that I tutored at before I left for the wedding. It has been strangly quiet (yet remarkably busy) around the community center. Thankfully, the kids still drop in the  often, and I've been giving a lot of standardized reading tests to close out the academic year, so I still get to see their sweet faces. I will miss these kiddos a ton. They have touched my life and have taught me so many things.

sweetest smile around!
nothing can beat this picture :)



Soon, I will also be saying good bye to Seattle. I'll be leaving shortly after AmeriCorps is over to head home to Portland for a few weeks. Then, I'm off on another adventure--more on that later ;)


With saying good-bye to Seattle, I will be also be saying good bye to dear friends, a wonderful church, and a lovely family I have so enjoyed babysitting for.

I also say good bye to my car, and most of my furniture. A couple huge garbage bags of clothes I am taking to Good Will, after I try to sell them at Buffalo Exchange or Cross Roads.

What I'll miss most about leaving this area are my wonderful family members I'll be leaving behind. My sweet grandma will no longer be a 3 hour drive away. Nor will my precious brothers, my dad, or step-mom. Nor will my sweet cousins or my lovely momma. I will miss my family enormously. I have enjoyed this brief season in my life that has given way to opportunity to spend time together.








I'll also be saying good bye to the northwest (for now at least).

Next week, I'll share with you what's coming next. It's pretty exciting, and I've been dying to tell you guys :) Here's a hint--one more thing I'll be saying goodbye to is a long-distance relationship...

Happy weekend friends! I hope you have a good one. I get to spend this weekend my daddio to celebrate Father's day and I am oh-so-happy about that!
love this picture of my dad--laughing so hard he's crying :)


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment