Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday: my momma

I am so very excited for my weekend guest! My mom arrives tomorrow evening and I can't wait to see her! Christmas time was the last I've seen her, and in my opinion it has been WAY TOO LONG!

I love my mom so very much. Not only is she an incredible woman, she is a wonderful mother! I have so many treasured memories with her, usually doing the simplest of things. I love how my mom knows what I need when I need it and her love is just do darn unconditional, it is a breath of fresh air.

I am SO thankful for my mom, words can't describe it. It feels like a big understatement to even write it out in such a way.

I'm in a bit of happy dappy mood after talking to Megan on the phone, seeing John's face on skype for the first time since he was in Seattle and remembering that my mom is coming to town TOMORROW... so bare with me as my Thankful Thursday post is likely to be a bit different than usual :)

Playing a quick round of word associations
Mom:
love
integrity
used plastic bags
strength
support
travel
funky/weird (in the BEST of ways!)
passion
funny
flexibility

Things I love to do with my mom in a very particular order:
1. sit down at a coffee shop and talk while I sip on a latte while my mom sips on her mocha
2. play games after dinner
3. annual holiday party
4. eat
5. everything else

Man oh man do I love my mom. Or... should I say, woman oh woman? (If you know my mom, you'll catch my drift--she's quite the feminist).


There is so much I admire about my mom. She is so strong in what she believes in, and lives out her beliefs each and everyday. Every day, I recognize more and more of the blessings that she has given me through the way that she raised me, reused plastic bags and all (she's an environmentalist too!).

Happy almost weekend! What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment