Tuesday, February 8, 2011

i love sunsets.

There are a couple things that catch me by surprise and fill me with wonder and awe each time I see one--sunsets are one of those things. I just love sunsets. The colors are so extravagant and striking. I am amazed by the beauty and the mixture between complexity and simplicity. The colors are unique to nature, they are on God's pallet :)  They can't be replicated and photos can't quite capture the depth and beauty of their shades, and that's part of the wow.

Today, as I left work, the sun was setting and there was a beautiful pink glow. Not only was it beautiful, but it reminded me, spring is on it's way. The days are getting longer and the flowers are starting to bloom. How happy is that?!

So today, I thought I'd share some sunset pictures I've collected over the years! I hope you enjoy :)

Manhattan skyline in November
Seattle skyline in September 
trying to catch the sunset while driving in Gettysburg 
March on the west coast of Florida
July in northern California
look how red the sky is? December in so-cal
January in Nicaragua
January in Nicaragua
Seattle skyline
another seattle skyline--the view from my window :)
Today, in SeaTac, WA

Which sunset picture was your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment