Monday, February 7, 2011

dear skype, i love you.


Hey everyone--I hope you are doing well today!

Let me tell you about something amazing. SKYPE.

I first discovered skype when I studied abroad--it is a free way to talk internationally and you get to see the face of the person you are talking too! If any of you have studied abroad, or kept in touch with loved ones abroad, I'm sure you are pretty familiar with this friend of mine.

The great thing is, that skype isn't just used for international distances. Any sort of distance is made a bit easier with skype. I played cards with my brothers on skype a few times last year while I was in Gettysburg. Skype is just all sorts of great. If you are interested in trying it out go to www.skype.com !

Last week, I got a text from John saying that he has a surprise. You know what that surprise was? He got a laptop! And you know what that meant? We would be able to skype, and see each other's faces for the first time since he left Seattle to return home about a month ago!

When I saw John on skype, I was like a 12 year old girl meeting Justin Bieber. I was overwhelmed at how wonderful it was. I was so happy, and almost speechless (if you know me, you know that means something!). I was blushing and covering my face and just so excited to be seeing my love's face. It was SO GREAT. I left our skype conversation on cloud nine, and just floated around my apartment for the rest of the night.

Has anything caught you off guard like that and just left you so happy? We have used skype since then intermingled with our phone calls, and boy has it been nice :)
Anyways, just wanted to share with you all how much I'm lovin' on skype, and how much I appreciate technology for enabling the distance to not seem so far. It sure does make a world of difference getting to see someone's face when you are talking to them. So if you have loved ones too far away, check out skype!

No comments:

Post a Comment