Tuesday, December 7, 2010

weekend highlights and urgent care!


Hello friends!

I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far. For some reason, today has really seemed like a Thursday. It's been a long week, but I'm not quite sure why. So, I was thinking that if I reflected on the weekend, perhaps I'd get a reality check, and realize that it is just Tuesday. 

Friday, I went to Burlesque (the movie). It has Christina Agulara and Cher in it, and I wasn't sure what to expect but, I was really impressed. I have my critiques of the movie, and perhaps just movies today in general (being overly sexualized or overly violent--the first in this case) but I would definitely recommend Burlesque and would love to see it again in the future. Perhaps the best part of going to the movie was that I went with Maia (remember my post about her and her family?) I just love hanging out with Maia and I got to see her a lot this weekend, which made it extra wonderful :)

beautiful Maia, all dressed up
Saturday, was the Oregon and Oregon State civil war football game. Sarah (one of my lovely roommates) and I went over to watch the game with Maia at her house. And then.... I had the best time helping Maia get ready for a school dance! Man oh man, high school dances are what I miss most from high school! (sometime I'll try to dig out old pictures and post them for laughs!) I did Maia's hair and make up and she looked gorgeous! She was smokin' in that little black dress! 
After seeing Maia off, Sarah and I headed back to our apartment where we unashamedly had a Twilight marathon. If it wasn't on your radar... Eclipse (the third twilight movie) was released on Saturday! I am a new Twilight convert so I hadn't seen the third movie yet. (don't judge.. I really love them, especially the third and forth book, you would too if you made it that far in the series)

Sunday was filled with a wonderful Church service. We sang some Christmas carols mixed in with other worship music and these lines in particular stood out to me.

Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay close by me forever and love me I pray. Bless all the dear children In Thy tender care and take us to heaven to live with Thee there

I was incredibly moved all throughout the service, and left feeling so thankful for the gift of Jesus. After church I headed over to the house of a family that I will start babysitting for tomorrow (yay! I am so excited!). I had a great time with their daughter and am excited to get to hang out with her more, she was so sweet and spunky!

Though I had a wonderful weekend, I had a persistent migraine which definitely tainted my weekend activities. There was much more down time than get up and go, which turned out to be pretty great anyways :) Yesterday, the lingering migraine was there, but an additional sinus pain began. By the end of my day, I knew I had a sinus infection but wasn't quite sure what to do about it, not needing to have medical care since I've been in Seattle. 

So after a few phone calls I found out that Group Health and Kaiser have a reciprocal relationship where they offer the same services and benefits to each others' members. The advice nurse suggested that I go in as soon as possible when I explained my symptoms. Group Health had an urgent care clinic open 24 hours just blocks from my house, which made getting to the clinic totally possible. I am so thankful for how simple it all was, and how easily it worked out! Thank God for making all the pieces come together. And my wonderful roommate Sarah, even came with me and kept me company in the waiting room!  

Here are some shots from my experience: 

proof I was admitted to urgent care!
my view from the urgent care room
I am feeling better today and know that soon my sinus pressure/headache mess will be all over soon. I am so thankful for how easily going to the clinic yesterday was and just how well it worked out. This is just another one of those examples for past Thankful Thursday post.

Happy mid week! Expect a funny blog post tomorrow :)



No comments:

Post a Comment