Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Eiffel Tower and the ring bearer

Have you heard of the website Overheard in New York before? This website is pretty hilarious. People post various things that they overhear while in New York. This website is pretty hilarious will all the random and weird things that are overheard... you never know when someone is overhearing the conversation at the wrong time! Make sure you check this website out if you're in need of some laughs!
One of my all time favorite Overheard in New  York posts is below... you'll see why I like it :) John posted this on my facebook wall over 2 years ago, and I dug it up to share with you all!


College girl #1: Which way to the Eiffel Tower?
Suit, puzzled, pointing East: That way?
College girl #2: How far is it?
Suit: ... About three thousand miles.
College girl #1: No! No! [Makes peak with fingertips of both hands.] The... Eiffel... Tower!
Suit: Yeah, that way about three thousand miles -- across the Atlantic Ocean -- in Paris.
College girl #2, also making peak with hands: No! No! It's a... It's a... The Empire State Building!
Suit, pointing at looming Empire State Building: The Empire State Building is right there.
College girl #2: You have to excuse us -- we're from Oregon.



What do you think?? Pretty great, right?! I bet you can guess why I like this one :) The truth of this Overheard in New York is what makes it so funny--I've totally had to make sure that I was saying Empire state building rather than the Eiffel Tower.
Another funny website is called My Life Is Average (MLIA). On this website people post funny but seemingly average things that happen in day to day life. One of my favorite MLIA is below. Believe it or not, I posted this one on John's facebook wall about a year ago, and that is how I dug it up for you, my wonderful blog readers :)


Today, I attended a co-worker's wedding. A little boy who looked about 6 was coming down the aisle and he took two steps, stopped, and turned to the crowd (alternating between bride's side and groom's side), put his hands up like claws, and roared. Step, step, ROAR, step step, ROAR, all the way down the aisle. The crowd was near tears from laughing so hard by the time he reached the pulpit. The little boy, however, was getting more and more distressed from all the laughing and was almost crying. When asked what he was doing, he sniffed and said, "I was being the Ring Bear." MLIA


I love this website, and often used it as a study break in college. It always gives me a good laugh. Especially when the posts are about children :) Make sure you check it out when you have time!


Another thing I'd like to report on is my blog! I started my blog October 24th, so about a month and a half ago. Let me tell you how it's going. First of all, I am LOVING it! I really appreciate the opportunity to write and reflect on my life. Secondly, I'll give you some stats. In the first month of All the Places I Call Home's existence there were 586 page views. Right now we are up to 921 page views. I have posted 31 entries (including this one!), averaging around 4 a week. I have received one comment and have four official followers. The viewership is largely from the United States with the second largest viewership hailing from Oman, third from Malaysia and many others from the United Kingdom to Germany to Ghana to Israel to Ireland to Japan to Mexico to Australia and a whole list of others. How cool is that? 


What I really want to say is a big THANK YOU!!! Thank you for reading my blog! If you are interested in commenting more and letting me know what you think, I would love to hear from you! Let me know what you like, what'd you'd like to see more of, etc. If you are interested in following my blog, I would be truly honored! To follow my blog, look to the right of the post, and there will be an icon that says follow. Click that and follow the instructions!


I hope that I have given you some good laughs tonight! Happy Wednesday everyone and thank you for reading! Tune in tomorrow for my weekly Thankful Thursday post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment