Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful Thursdays: My brothers

summer 2010--dad's company picnic!
Hello there! Happy Thursday (almost Fridayy!!)! 


I've decided to start something called Thankful Thursdays. I have so much to be thankful for in my life, and I believe it is so important to reflect on and appreciate all that we have been given. Hellen Keller says this beautifully, "So much has been given to me I have not time to ponder over that which has been denied." This quote continues to humble me each time I read it--it reminds me to rejoice over all that I have been given and choose contentment around each bend in the road.  
Summer of 2007 Matthew, Andy and Sean


So why not write about one thing in particular each week?? Today, my brothers are what I choose to express my abundant thankfulness for! These three little guys have completely changed my life. Completely. They have challenged me in such profound ways and brought about the deepest and most primal human love that I have known. Matthew (now 10) was born when I was 11 years, 11 months and 20 something hours old :) (I was basically 12). He challenged my view of reality by simply being born and taught me so much about children and love. My twin brothers, Sean and Andrew, were born two years later (they are now 8 years old). They too enhanced my changed perspective. I was no longer the center of the universe. What a wonderful thing to learn--yet as an adolescent, it was a tough lesson! 
story time! 2008


These boys delight in spending time with me and I with them. They have always had crazy amounts of energy and have wanted me to take part in all their adventures and games. I am awed by their pure love and how they see the world. I spent many weekends in high school visiting my dad and stepmom, Carol, to hang out and love on these little guys. I can't believe how much they've grown! Going off to college on the other side of the country, these boys are who I missed most! They are constantly in my prayers. I try to write letters and make phone calls when away, but nothing can ever convey how much love I have for them. They are simply wonderful and my greatest desire is for them to know how much they are loved and valued. 
Matthew--Christmas 2006
When I'm with them, man, I can't help but hugging them and kissing them on their cheeks and heads (believe it or not, they still allow me to do this!). When I am in town, I try to plan individual play dates with them--they used to be day trips when they were younger, like to the zoo, or a movie, but now I do overnighters at my grandma's house. It is just perfect to spend extra one-on-one hours with them. I just want to be with them and loving on them all the time! They bring me such joy! I am so thankful to Jesus for these sweet gifts in my life!
Summer 2010

And aren't they just sooo cute?!? Just writing about my brothers makes me smile from ear to ear, and looking at these pictures sends me over the top--I love my brothers sooo much! 
What are you thankful for? I hope you enjoyed my Thankful Thursday blog as much as I enjoyed writing it! 


--kate



ps Happy Halloween Weekend! 




Halloween 2009--the three musketeers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment