Sunday, October 24, 2010

leaves!


Happy (almost) Friday everyone!

leaves of Gettysburg

leaves of Seattle
One of the things I expected when I left Gettysburg for Seattle was to miss the vibrant fall leaves that Gettysburg explodes with each autumn. The crisp air and the breathtaking shades of red and orange one never imagined possible create a picture perfect fall in Gettysburg. I also love the beginning of boot season-- it means the end to my chronically cold feet :) Boots and scarves, nothing is better than that! Thus, as the leaves started to turn in Seattle, I was excited and as the weeks have passed, I have just been awed. Beautiful beautiful colors lining the streets of my neighborhood, the park by my work, and so many places in between. Experiencing fall in Seattle has been nothing short of wonderful.

leaf fight in DC
One of my favorite memories from last year was an epic leaf fight I had with a couple of great friends and my wonderful boyfriend at the National Zoo in DC. No leaf fights yet, but hopefully I can find a willing participant :)
How are the fall leaves for you? Are you surprised that Seattle leaves rock? Love leaf fights too?
Thank you to all you who have checked out my blog!! How exciting to have viewers :) Please leave comments and let me know what you think!
--Kate
ps I promised shorter blogs, and wahla here you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment