Tuesday, July 26, 2011

words of encouragement Tuesday!

"Speak from that place in your heart where you are most yourself. Speak directly, simply, lovingly, gently, without any apologies. Tell us what you see and want us to see; tell us what you hear and want us to hear... Trust your own heart. The words will come. There is nothing to fear. Those who need you most will help you the most." --page 25 from Life of the Beloved by Henry Nouwen

Friends, after reading these words, my heart pitter patted a bit faster. It was as though the writer of these words was speaking directly to me. These words were spoken to Henry Nouwen as he began to write the moving book Life of the Beloved. And these words speak to me, reminding me that the most beautiful thing any of us can do is truly be ourselves. This quote encourages me to be none other than me. And there is something truly refreshing about being who we were created to be. 

I hope you, too, are encouraged by these words.



No comments:

Post a Comment