Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is my dear daddio's birthday!!!

Happy Birthday Dad!

Knee deep in getting ready to move to New York, I have been blessed over the last week to be able to spend some good chunks of time with my dad. I think he and I both can agree that we'd always like to be able to spend more time together than we have been able to over my 23 years. So these last couple months have been especially sweet with our increased amount of quality time together.

Here are some reasons that I am particularly thankful for my dad.

He is...

Totally reliable--He is there when I need him. I have experienced this in so many practical ways over the last couple of months. In a phone call of (mini) crisis he answers and talks me through whatever my stress at the moment is. Thank you, Dad!

Problem solver--researcher. He does the work or research to know how to answer life questions I have and find really practical solutions for them.

He loves me, and he prays for me. I know my daddio loves me--first off, he tells me he does and secondly, I can tell he does by how he tries to protect me from life's snares (and by how much he worries about me). He also consistently prays for me, which I find such a powerful way to demonstrate love.

I love you, Daddy and am so thankful that I got to celebrate your birthday with you today!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment