Friday, July 15, 2011

so long sweet kitty, and so much more

Hi friends,

These past couple of weeks have begun the final closing to my childhood. (I sound pretty dramatic, right?! but hear me out!)

I have sold my childhood dresser, the bed from my childhood room and the car I learned to drive on.


I have sorted through mounds and mounds of stuff, and have in many ways cleansed myself of material items, keeping only that which holds the most importance and value.

I have said goodbye to children who will grow up, and positions that will be filled. I have said goodbye to wonderful friends, who I really will cherish forever.

And, last and most sadly, my sweet kitty-cat, Croissant, passed away this last Wednesday, from what we assume to be a coyote attack.

This cat was something special. I found him in a barn at a bbq back when I was 8 years old and begged my mom to let me take him home. Being rejected by our other two cats, we placed him in the guinea pig cage for safe keeping, where he happily lived most of his kitten life. Two years later, he went missing for 10 long days and came back on my 10th birthday! A couple years back we had to get him a lion cut because of matts, and boy was he CUTE (and self conscious). Without getting too sappy, let me just say this cat was my "little man." He carried himself with a tough guy attitude, but let himself get all lovey in my lap. I loved this cat for 15 years of my life and he was the last of my childhood pets to pass away.




It truly is an end of an era. Childhood no more, as I prepare for my move in 14 short days to New York. I am leaving Seattle tomorrow (Saturday) and will be home (relative term now, I suppose) in Portland for the next two weeks.



Time is flying and I feel like grown-up hood is sneaking up on me! I've made a committment though, to have more fun and keep that kid at heart alive!


I am sad at what I am stepping away from but excited for the journey ahead and the new phases of life I am entering into.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment