Saturday, September 3, 2011

irene.

Hi friends!

It's September already and I can hardly believe it! I have been in New York for a full month, and just finished my fourth week at work. Things are coming along, and I am getting more and more acclimated. But friends, it is still a transition. More of one than I anticipated, I suppose.

Last weekend was a crazayyy weekend! Hurricane Irene threw me and the rest of NYC for a loop. Living in a basement apartment, I decided I should probably find another place to stay for the weekend. Not knowing quite what to expect, I took everything off the floor in my room, stacked in my bed, locked up and headed to John's parents' place just north of the city.

Sure enough Irene passed through, leaving NYC mostly untouched. My apartment weathered the storm with true style--no power outages or flooding! Woohoo! However, though Irene was gracious to the city, she certainly had her way elsewhere. It turns out that Westchester county (where I was staying) was hit much harder by Irene than Brooklyn was.

Enjoy these pictures from last weekend's adventure!
trees and branches down 
no, that's not a river... that's a major parkway, with 3 feet of water flooding it!


car struck on a flooded street.
Things have calmed down now, but last week was interesting that's for sure!
Hope you all enjoy this three day weekend. It sure is nice to be able to take a deep breath!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment