Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday: little things that make me smile :)

Hi there sweet friends,

It's my first Thankful Thursday post in quite some time! Today, I'm going to share some little sweet somethings from around my neighborhood that make me smile.

This sweet sign made by my WONDERFUL roommate Sarena, welcomed me home on my first day in my apartment.


A couple blocks from my apartment is Love Lane. Can you think of a sweeter street name than that? Just thinking about it makes me smile :)


Discovering the laundromat just two blocks from my apartment made my day--no joke!

This monthly MetroCard gives me unlimited access to the subway system and boy, let me tell you, it's such a relief to not have to worry about how much money is left on my card and trying to calculate how many trips I think that I'll do in the next week. I love this baby! 

And of course, my decorated "wall" in my cubical makes me smile every time I see it (sorry for the blurry picture--I felt a bit awkward taking a picture of desk at work, so didn't go for a better one ;) )


Soo.. what do you think? Do you have those little things that just make life that much sweeter that make you smile too? Bet you do :)

Happy almost Friday, friends!


1 comment:

  1. Katie! It's so exciting to read about where God has taken you and how you've settled into NY!! I love that you're by John now too, because Josh and I had a very similar situation, where we dated long distance for about 4-5 years and then finally got to experience a NORMAL dating relationship in the same town and it was over the moon wonderful! What a sweet season of life this will be for you!!
    Love you lots!
    Hugs,
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete