Tuesday, January 11, 2011

a wonderful week to remember

Hello everyone! It has been a long while since I've been able to catch my breath enough to write in my blog. I have lots of updates to share--you can be expecting most of those this week! The holidays sure do speed by when you don't get a month off between semesters! 
The first update I'd like to share is still fresh on my mind :) I had the most wonderful last ten days, spent in Seattle with my love visiting from New York. We rang in the New Year together, we visited beautiful spots of Seattle together, we ate a lot of great food together, but the best part of it, was that we were TOGETHER! John left on Sunday after being here since December 30th. It's the biggest chunk of time we've had together in a long while, and it was just wonderful. 
Here are some pictures to tell the story!


John and I got all dressed up to go to LoFi, a venue that was playing soul and funk music to ring in the new year. We had a great time dancing and celebrating the last hours of 2010!

They also had a photobooth, one of my favorite things in the entire world!

A bit bleary eyed, we said good morning to 2011 and headed over to Jeanne and Jim's to watch football with Maia!

One of our favorite nights was going bowling with Kate and Chris (visiting from Iowa)! John kicked our butts! Another great night that wasn't captured on my camera was our packed house Kate and Chris, Sarah and Matt and John and I playing a competitive and silly game of Cranium!

 


GasWorks Park is one of my favorite places in Seattle, and it was so great to take John their on a beautiful, sunny Seattle day!

We ate TONS of great food, including this delicious platter of Ethiopian food! We cooked with friends, made dinner ourselves and tried out a bunch of great spots in Seattle!


 We also went to the space needle and spent a good chunk of time enjoying the incredible architecture and the crisp air!

John came into work with me and got to participate in the preschool program and the afterschool program with the first through third graders. My favorite comment by Abrham, age 6, was after he found out that John was my boyfriend. He turned to me and whispered, "Kate, is that embarrassing having a boyfriend?" It was so sincere and so adorable!
We had a great time together; it was so nice for John to see my life in Seattle. And, we of course shared lots of laughs.


I think the picture below is my favorite of all the pictures taken. John just looks so striking and handsome! (Can you tell he's by Seattle's John Street?)

Without going on and on any more, let me just say, having John here was the best way to start off 2011!

I hope you are all doing well. Perhaps enjoying a bit of snow? I'm praying that it keeps coming down in Seattle! I'd love a day to sleep in and sip hot tea with no place to go :) Stay tuned for more updates and interesting tidbits!



No comments:

Post a Comment